CNC metal lathe for small shop
- Product Name: cnc metal lathe
- Maximum turning diameter of the bed: 21 0mm
- Maximum turning diameter on the carriage: 100mm
- Maximum processing length: 250mm
- Spindle through hole diameter: 26mm
- Spindle speed: 100~3000r/min
- X-axis travel: 90mm
- Z axis travel: 300mm
- X axis maximum moving speed (step): 2000mm/min
- Z axis maximum moving speed (step): 2000mm/min
- Feed motor torque: 3.0N.M
- Positioning accuracy: 0.02mm
- Repeat positioning accuracy: 0.02mm
- Spindle proximal runout: 0.01 mm
- Tailstock sleeve taper: Mohs 2#
- Tailstock sleeve diameter: 22mm
- Tailstock sleeve maximum stroke: 50mm
- Main motor power: 1.2Kw
- Cooling pump power: 40W
- Tool holder: electric four station
- Row knife holder specifications: 1 2mm
- Dimensions (length X width X height): 1170* 700* 860mm
- Net weight (about): 210kg
So, what is a CNC metal lathe ?
Firstly, operated with Computer Numerical Control (CNC) cnc metal lathe systems are provided with precise design instructions. In addition, CNC metal lathe are machine tools. Moreover, the material or part is clamped and rotated by the main spindle, while the cutting tool that work on the material, is mounted and moved in various axis.
Plus, CNC Lathes are normally used for machining parts, where the material / part is clamped. Then, the piece is rotated but the cutting tool is stationery mounted for OD (Outer Diameter) and ID (Inner Diameter) operations. For example, shafts and pipes. Secondly, they are ideal for parts that have same symmetry around an axis that could be chucked up (i.e. radially clamped) in the spindle.
What is it really?
A simple CNC Lathe operates on 2-axis and the tool is located in a fixed position at 8 to 24 station turret. The rotating action of the part is called “turning”. As a result, certain types of metal turners are called CNC Turning Machines.
Moreover, milling (cutting tool moves around stationery workpiece), boring and tapping (a tool that cuts threads inside hole) tools are normally driven by a separate drive system inside the turret.
Applications for lathes
Lastly, depending on the application, the life tools (i.e. active tool) are mounted for axial or radial operational directions. Above all, these could be found in 3-axis CNC Lathes or CNC metal lathe. Also adaptable.
CNC metal lathe from Badog
cnc metal lathe images